
With the release of Kick-Ass this week, a comic book adaption of a series of books by Mark Millar,has been generating a great deal of hype among comic book aficionados, and also a great deal of controversy among parents and christian groups. Kick-Ass, appropriately named, tells the story of teenage Dave Lizewski, who sets out to become a real life superhero. He meets Big Daddy (a Batman clone) and his eleven year old daughter, Hit-Girl. In the film she says the word coc*. And the word cun*. And also shoots someones head off and cuts off there limbs. This was shown in a preview screening, and naturally the audience was polarized in their opinions about a foul mouthed, killing eleven year old. The young actress, Clhoe Moretz, stated in an interview, "If I ever uttered one word that I said in Kick-Ass, I would be grounded for years! I'm an average every day girl."
No comments:
Post a Comment